Often the biggest obstacle for kids to become “a windsurfer” is access to gear and having friends who participate. To fill this gap, CGWA is pleased to offer Gorge Groms, a youth windsurfing club. Our goal is to build community and camaraderie amongst kids who windsurf in the Gorge. When you sign up to become a Gorge Grom, you receive:
- Unlimited access to a full quiver of gear for use at the Hook
- Participation in Gorge Groms special clinics throughout the summer.
We are pleased to now offer Online Registration for our returning Gorge Groms members. For those of you who have not participated in the program before, please read this full page and contact us at email@example.com to get the program run down and complete your sign up.
Returning Members: Click HERE to register online and send a PayPal payment of $100 to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond with some details and the shed combination. Easy as that!
Please be aware that the Gorge Groms program is largely self run and managed by our members. We rely on YOU to make sure gear is stowed correctly and our area at the Hook is cleaned and in good shape. This means:
- Help others put gear away in the right place
- Pick up gear even if it isn’t yours
- Always lock up when you are done
- Make sure Boards are stowed on the rack by the water and the cable lock is secured
- Pick up trash and litter. There is a garbage can across the street next to the bathroom
- Please DO NOT leave “donated” gear at the sheds. Contact us at email@example.com to donate
- If you notice gear that needs repair or replacing – please let us know.
Thank you in your effort in keeping this program up and running and affordable!
Kids Code of Conduct
We put a lot of trust into our Groms, and they need to be present at registration to sign a code of conduct and learn about how to treat the shed with care. Gorge Groms have a lot of responsibility to treat each other and the gear with respect, and must be present at the time of registration to run through expectations.
We reserve the right to revoke Gorge Groms privileges from any Grom who is not a good steward of the program.
Learn more about the rules here.
A family season pass to the Gorge Groms program is $100, which includes the cost of a family membership ($35) and covers participation for all kids in one immediate family. The season pass is valid through mid September.
- If you are currently a CGWA member and contribute $100 or more, the cost of the program is waived.
- If you are currently a CGWA family member at $35, the season pass costs $65.
- Memberships must be valid through the end of the season.
- If you are not a Gorge Grom but would like to attend a clinic or group sail session, the cost is $20 per person per day pass.
Check out this other great kids program if you are from the Bay Area: Delta Windsurfing Kids