CGWA’s programs and projects are guided by the following principles. These are our beliefs, and they set the tone for all our decisions:
- Safe windsurfing sites and safety conscious windsurfers
- A broad range of opportunities for anyone interested in windsurfing
- Youth involvement in windsurfing
- Responsible stewardship of the resources supporting windsurfing, which includes beaches, funds, and people
- Integrity and transparency within the CGWA membership and Board
- Support from our membership and community
CGWA works hard to maximize the positive impact of our resources. These are our main goals:
- Improve and protect existing sites along the Columbia River; seek out opportunities to create new ones.
- Build an engaged and energized community of windsurfers in the Gorge.
- Be responsive to and representative of the CGWA membership.
- Build and maintain CGWA as a financially sustainable organization that proactively addresses growing and changing resource needs.