It’s that time of year again. The CGWA is having its annual Board of Directors election. We are now accepting nominations through December 3rd. Feel free to nominate yourself, family, or friends who you think would represent the windsurfing community well. There are 8 seats up for election and board terms are 2 years. Bellow are some basic board expectations:
The Board as a group is legally and morally responsible for all the activities of the organization. The Board is responsible for determining policy, approving the annual budget, and determining the goals of the organization. Basic expectations of Board Members are that you will:
- Participate in the activities of the board and organization, including attending CGWA Board meeting and events;
- Be knowledgeable about CGWA and contribute your expertise;
- Be informed about CGWA’s organization and the environment in which we operate;
- Contribute your individual expertise and knowledge in the deliberations of the board;
- Help procure funds for the CGWA budget. This can come in many forms, from writing grants to participating in or organizing fundraising events, to contributing from your own pocket.
- Be an advocate of CGWA.
Please e-mail nominations to cgwa@ gorge.net with name and contact information.