Nominate Someone for the Gorge Windsurfing Awards
It’s that time of year for us to recognize the Gorge windsurfers who stood out from all the rest. We are now accepting nominations for the following categories.
- Dale Cook Award: We all know Dale gets the biggest airs in the Gorge; that’s why we named this award after him. Now we want to know who else is going big and hucking huge. Be sure to send us a picture of the big air! 2010 Winner: Mike Van Sisseren.
- Most Stoked: You know these people- their smiles are contagious and adds to your stoke. His or her positive attitude inspires and adds joy to your sessions. 2010 Winner: Art Loh.
- Most Selfless Windsurfer: This may reflect a one-time rescue or rescue attempt, or several selfless acts of kindness to fellow Gorge windsurfers. 2010 Winner: Greg Crafts.
- Grom of the Year: Groms 18 years of age and under are a big part of the Gorge windsurfing community. This youth windsurfer is a good role model for his or her peers & enthusiastic about Gorge windsurfing. 2010 Winner: Fiona Wylde.
- Gorge Windsurfer of the Year: This person is a steward of the Gorge and of windsurfing. He or she is a positive influence within the community. Overall good spirit, friendly windsurfer, kind to comrades and strangers, embodies and/or respects the Gorge lifestyle, etc. 2010 Winner: Nathan Mershon.
Please send an e-mail to email@example.com with the following information:
-Your Contact Info*
(Your name and contact info will not be released. This is just to be used if we have questions about your nomination.)
-Category You Are Nominating For (from list above)
-Nominee’s Contact Info
-Why You Are Nominating This Person (please be specific, include a brief anecdote or accomplishments)
Nominations will not be accepted with incomplete information. All submissions (including pictures) are property of CGWA, and may be shared with our members and the public at CGWA’s discretion.