The Port’s Waterfront Recreation Committee will meet on Monday, July 18th from 3:30 – 4:45 pm to discuss short- and long-term waterfront items. Please voice your comments by attending the meeting or emailing port director Michael McElwee (email@example.com), Port President (Jon@columbiariverins.com), and CGWA (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Public comments are most helpful when they clearly outline a specific incident or offer a constructive solution, and are always best heard when they are brief and to the point.
Port of Hood River
Waterfront Recreation Committee
Monday, July 18, 2011
3:30 – 4:45 PM
Marina Center Boardroom
1. Introductions/Additions to Agenda 3:30 p.m.
2. Approve Minutes of April 27, 2011 Meeting 3:30 p.m.
3. Marina 3:35 p.m.
- Floatplane Dock—Airport Advisory Committee recommendation
to maintain three slips for floatplanes
- Upgrades: keycard system
4. Parking on Portway, N. 1st Street, and South of Ticket Booth 3:45 p.m.
- Towing (3 week grace period ended July 11; towing begins)
5. The Spit, the Sandbar, the Hook, the Marina Beach 3:50 p.m.
6. Event Site 4:00p.m.
- Review buoy placement; i.e. distance from end of jetties
- Long-term use of kiting year round at Event Site
7. Recommendations to Staff/Commission 4:35 p.m.
- ES buoys – modify distance from jetties?
8. Next Meetings: October ____ 2011 at 3:30 p.m. 4:40p.m.
(Season wrap-up meeting unless there’s need for additional meeting)
9. Adjourn 4:45 p.m.
Upcoming Events* (informational only)
- Youth Sailing Program, July-August (Marina, floatplane dock)
- Gorge Cup, July 23, 30 & 31 and August 6 (Event Site, non exclusive use)
- King of the Hook, August 13 (The Hook)
- CGWA Swap Meets, August 7 and September 4 (Expo west parking lot)
*General reminder – no event contracts are written for holiday weekends