:: Nominate Now for Gorge Windsurfing Awards
Time to tell us who rocks your windsurfing world! The Columbia Gorge Windsurfing Association is now accepting nominations for the five awards awards below. Winners will be announced September 5th at the Sailworks end of season party.
**Click here to submit a nomination**
Please also email a photo to email@example.com
- Dale Cook Award: We all know Dale gets the biggest airs in the Gorge; that’s why we named this award after him. Now we want to know who else is going big and hucking huge. Be sure to send us a picture of the big air!
- Most Stoked: You know these people- their smiles are contagious and adds to your stoke. His or her positive attitude inspires and adds joy to your sessions.
- Most Selfless Windsurfer: This may reflect a one-time rescue or rescue attempt, or several selfless acts of kindness to fellow Gorge windsurfers.
- Grom of the Year: Groms 18 years of age and under are a big part of the Gorge windsurfing community. This youth windsurfer is a good role model for his or her peers & enthusiastic about Gorge windsurfing.
- Gorge Windsurfer of the Year: This person is a steward of the Gorge and of windsurfing. He or she is a positive influence within the community. Overall good spirit, friendly windsurfer, kind to comrades and strangers, embodies and/or respects the Gorge lifestyle, etc.
Nominations will be accepted until noon on Monday, August 30th. Submissions received after then will not be considered. Awards will be announced and presented on September 5th at the Sailworks end of season party. Hope you can join us!
All submissions (including pictures) are property of CGWA, and may be shared with our members and the public at CGWA’s discretion.